Weddings for the rich and famous are known for their lavish venues, their A-list guest lists, their gorgeous designer bridal gowns, and, above all else, their astronomical price tags. Recent celebrity weddings, like George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin or Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, have hit the $3 million-plus mark. Both weddings took place in Italy and featured a performance by Andrea Bocelli (Kimye) and gondolas on call for 72 hours (Clooney-Alamuddin). And the royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton, which had around 1,900 guests, is estimated to have cost about $70 million – one of the most expensive weddings in history.
If you’re planning your wedding, it’s easy to look to the stars for inspiration, yet there’s a good chance that you don’t quite have a million-dollar budget. But getting hitched in style is possible if you plan accordingly, and making that day special doesn’t have to mean going into debt. From tent rentals for weddings to documenting the day’s events, there’s plenty you and your significant can do to feel like celebrities on your wedding day:
1. Get unconventional with location. Ultimately, the location for your wedding is up to you and your spouse-to-be. Almost one-quarter (24%) of couples today decide on a “destination” wedding where they and their guests travel to a location for the celebration. However, there may be places within your hometown that can also provide a great wedding venue. Check out places you may not think would offer space for a wedding, like a museum or an art gallery. Even some historical homes can serve as the perfect spot to say “I do.”
And if you want an outdoor wedding, what’s stopping you? More couples are choosing outdoor weddings — sometimes in their own backyards. Even Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie held their wedding at home. Outdoor weddings today can include services like table and tent rentals for weddings, so you can keep your guests comfortable and happy, rain or shine.
2. Use your own hashtag on social media. When your guests take pictures and post them to social media sites, it’s easy to miss things. Have your guests use a hashtag to signal posts about your wedding day. You can use something simple, like your first or last names together (#JohnandJane or #SmithandJones), so you’ll be able to see all the Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts later. Nothing’s more A-list than trending on social media!
3. Let someone else handle the details. Planning a wedding is a lot of work. Putting it in the hands of an event planner, such as the one provided by your venue, can take a lot of the stress away from you. They can handle catering, cake deliveries, arrangements for your wedding photography sessions, and other little details — even the ones you may not have thought of.
Also, try using a wedding party rentals company for your chairs, tables, linens, and tent rentals for weddings. A good event rentals business should have plenty of experience in the industry, so they’ll know exactly what you need for the big day.
- Why You Should Rent Tent Accessories for Your Next Event
- 5 Benefits of Engaging Event Rental Companies When Planning a Party
- How to Ensure You Take the Right Steps When Planning a Party
- 3 Reasons to Find the Right Party Event Rental Service
- 5 Party Supply Rentals You Need to Invest in for Your Next Event