Let’s face it: weddings can be incredibly pricey. A CNN article from March 2014 stated that the average wedding in 2013 cost roughly $30,000, courtesy of a report from popular wedding website TheKnot.com. Although many couples choose to hold big weddings at lavish venues or in exotic destinations, these celebrations can put two newlyweds deep in debt fast. That’s no way to start married life! When it comes to life’s big moments, sometimes the best gatherings can be the ones in your own backyard. If you’re marrying soon and you plan to celebrate your nuptials by holding a wedding reception for friends and family, then you might want to consider working with a party supply company for a customized outdoor wedding.
Read on for information about table and tent rentals for weddings and other money-saving wedding tips:
1. When it comes to celebrating your wedding but sticking to a clear budget, pay attention to your invites. It’s easy for things to get out of control when relatives from far and wide start popping up on your guest list. If you haven’t seen Great Aunt Mildred from St. Louis since you were a baby, it’s probably okay to not send an invitation. After all, it’s your wedding, not a family reunion, and as the couple getting married, you have every right to want to keep the wedding and reception an intimate affair.
2. On that note, once you’ve figured out whom you’d like to invite, make sure that you have the appropriate space to say “I do.” Your outdoor venue, whether it’s your own backyard, a relative’s lawn, or a rented space, should keep everyone comfortable and have plenty of room for the ceremony and the celebration. Prepare ahead to ensure that your outdoor space is properly maintained. If you’re using your own lawn, work months in advance with a gardener to plant flowers and turn your backyard party into an oasis.
3. Just because you may not be opting for a traditional venue doesn’t mean that you can plan at the last minute. In addition to that gardener you’re hiring well before your wedding, choose your catering services, decorators, event planners, and wedding officiants far in advance. If you’re marrying in the spring or summer, while the weather permits, then you have a lot of competition in terms of booking your wedding services. Organize these aspects of your wedding early will save you a lot frustration (and even money) later on.
4. Throwing a wedding reception means providing food and beverages for your guests, so make sure they have someplace to eat! In addition to working closely with catering companies and cake makers, find a qualified wedding party rentals company to help seat and shelter your guests. Wedding and party rentals can offer a variety of amenities to outfit your wedding and reception. Tent rentals for weddings can shade your guests from the sun or cover them in case of rain, as well as provide ambiance with lighting and decoration. Table and chair rentals can provide your guests with a multitude of seating arrangements, and linen rentals can coordinate with your theme.
Contact a party supply company ASAP to get a cost estimate on the services you need. From tent rentals to floral arrangements, make sure that you’re prepared for your outdoor wedding. You’ll save money when compared to other venues, and as newlyweds, you’ll remember your special day for a lifetime.
- 5 Party Supply Rentals You Need to Invest in for Your Next Event
- Planning an Event? 4 Tips for Your Complete Event Rental Checklist
- 4 Reasons You Need to Work with an Event Rental Company
- How Event Rental Companies are Stepping Up During and After COVID-19
- Navigating Weddings and Events in Uncertain Times