Planning an Outdoor Corporate Event in Baltimore
It is easy to get bogged down in the mundane routine of the workplace, but one way to spice up the office life is by putting on an outdoor corporate event. This could be a way to boost morale among coworkers with a light-hearted atmosphere that encourages socializing. It could be used more formally as a way to celebrate meeting company goals. Either way, the outdoors in sunny Baltimore is the perfect place to pitch a large party tent to host your next corporate event.
4 Must Haves to Host a Large Event
If hosting large events outdoors is not common for the company, an ideal solution is to rent the supplies you need from one rental company. This helps ensure all the essential items such as party tents, tables, chairs, and linens are uniform in their design. It is also easier to hold all items accountable, which contributes to less confusion when cleaning up and returning the rentals. Some rental companies may have a variety of stock items to choose from so it is important to consider what you want and the amount you will need.
- Party Tent: First and foremost, you will need to decide the number of party tent rentals that fit the size of the party. One large tent encourages people to socialize more because people are directed to one place. Another option is to have several smaller party tents that break up the event. One could house food while the other is the seating and dining area. Regardless of how many tents, you will have to decide on the design. Rectangular or round? Just a canopy or a tent with sides? How close or far apart do you want them?
- Table Rentals: While many rental companies focus on tents, look into table rentals Baltimore companies offer. People always said sitting around and talking at the dinner table was a way to bring families together. If the goal of the event is to improve comradery among workers, table rentals are a must. Long rectangular tables can fit a large number of people into a small space, but it may be worth investing in round tables. Round tables bring a sense of community to an event because people are seated around a focal point. This encourages and allows everyone to be a part of the same conversation. Careful arrangement of tables is ideal to bring people together.
- Chairs: Chairs are a must. People will mingle around, but there should be an ample number of chairs available for people to sit down in if they would like to. If people are tired after a long day, all they will remember from the party is how there was no place to sit. When it comes to chairs, there are a few things to consider. Padded chairs are more comfortable, but if basic folding chairs are the only option, the look can be spiced up with chair covers. Chair covers are usually some form of linen covering that are designed to easily drape over the chair. If the event is formal, chair covers can add a polished look.
- Linens: Unless the event is a picnic in the park, linens can add that final touch of finesse. Draping linens as table cloths and chair covers can establish clean lines when everything is set up under a brightly lit tent. As an added bonus, if you rent linens from the same company as everything else, the linens provided will match the size of the table and chairs.
Hosting a large outdoor event should be a fun way to bring a workgroup together. To ease the amount of organization and planning, explore the many tent, chair, and table rentals Baltimore companies have to offer.
- 5 Party Supply Rentals You Need to Invest in for Your Next Event
- Planning an Event? 4 Tips for Your Complete Event Rental Checklist
- 4 Reasons You Need to Work with an Event Rental Company
- How Event Rental Companies are Stepping Up During and After COVID-19
- Navigating Weddings and Events in Uncertain Times